TRIO SSS is here for you and your success
What is SSS?Student Support Services is a federally funded TRIO program sponsored by the U.S. Department of Education.
Why join SSS?With a proven track record of more than 40 years, SSS is committed to helping WVU Tech students successfully advance through graduation.
In addition, we offer Peer Mentoring to our program participants. Those program participants interested in a Peer Mentor can submit a request by clicking here.
Who is SSS for?
- Dakota Smith, Senior
Civil Engineering Major
“I love how the program has tutors. I would not have the
grade that I have in math if it wasn’t for my awesome tutor. I would not have
gotten a tutor if TRIO Director Scott Robertson would not have talked me into
it. Because as first, I felt ashamed because I feel like I should know this
stuff. So, it was a self-conscious barrier that I had to get over.”
-McKenzie Simpson, Freshman
Forensic Investigation Major
Students can apply to become a participant in the TRIO SSS program at any point in their undergraduate career (freshman to senior) and at any point in the semester. Participation in the program is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students will be admitted based upon eligibility and availability of open slots in the program.
- Academic, career, financial aid and graduate school advising
- Exclusive computer lab with FREE academic printing
- Cultural enrichment activities, including trips, theater, concerts and more
- FREE professional and peer tutoring
- Scholarship opportunities
- Student employment opportunities
- Student sessions covering a wide array of topics, such as study skills, financial aid, test anxiety, time management, etc..